Today’s post is on Deciem’s The Ordinary products including the foundation that is dubbed the “World’s Affordable Foundation”. I will be reviewing the Serum Foundation, the Coverage Foundation (Full Coverage) & the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 drops (skincare product).
Background on Deciem
Deciem is a beauty company founded by Brandon Truaxe. Deciem means 10 in Latin because there are 10 different brands under the company of Deciem.
The 10 brands are:
Background on The Ordinary
The Ordinary is a brand built on integrity and honesty, which are values I live on every day. So this brand really speaks to me.
They believe that it’s important to disallow commodity to be disguised as integrity all in the name of skincare.
The Ordinary Colours Serum Foundation in 2.0N
- The consistency is really smooth and I like this because I find it easier to blend with either a sponge or brush
- It offers light to medium coverage
- I only need one pump for my entire face
- The colour does match me very well – in fact, they have a handy swatch image to help with the process of colour matching
- It comes in a 30ml bottle with a pump (a major plus when foundation comes in a pump form because it’s easier to dispense and is more hygienic to use)
Wait for it………..IT WAS $12.95 AUD. LEGITTTTT
I was sooo shocked at the price of this product. The quality is off the chain and the price is just super affordable. I’m really, really impressed!
The Ordinary Colours Coverage Foundation in 2.0N
- I feel like the consistency of the foundation is similar to the Serum version. It’s smooth and easy to blend
- In terms of offering full coverage, I believe it gives you medium to full coverage that you can build upon. I wouldn’t say one pump gives me full 100% coverage.
- The benefit of the colour range is that it’s the same as the Serum version, so it was easy for me to just pick the same colour
The packaging is exactly same as the Serum version.
You guessed it! It’s $12.95 AUD too. #socheap #greatprice #awesome
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
- These are drops that contain hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5 to be used as part of your skincare routine
- As stated on their main product page, the product contains three different forms of hyaluronic acid with varying molecular weights to be able to offer a hydration and visible plumping to your skin
- When I use the drops before my oils and serums, I really do see that my skin feels plump and smooth
- Vitamin B5 helps with enhancing skin hydration as well
- The consistency is thick and liquidity, but more so on the thick side
- I only use about a drop of this product and I find this is enough for me to spread onto my face
- There is 30mL of product
The product comes in a bottle where the product is dispensed out of a dropper.
I don’t mean to repeat myself for the third time….but this homie is $12.95 AUD as well!! Literally, these prices have got me stumped!
I really am happy with the quality of these products. I actually can’t really fault them.
The price is a major factor and I still can’t believe I have a foundation that is under $20!
I find myself using the foundations on the weekends and not grabbing my usual (sorry NARS)!
The hyaluronic acid drops are really nice and if you’ve read my previous post about my experience with Korean skincare, I’m actually using these in replacement of my moisture pads that I will eventually repurchase. But this is a great alternative too!