Winter has come and with that for me personally, I get pretty dull and dry looking skin. Lately, I’ve been testing out different foundation techniques on getting the perfect dewy skin look and I finally got down to a great simple routine, one that I actually wear on the weekends now without even doing eye makeup!
Dewy skin products
When I think of dewy skin products, I think of products that are creamy, hydrating and blendable. Most of the products that I’m using in this tutorial are either cream or liquid based.
Here’s what I used:
- Laneige BB Cushion Cream
- Benefit Cosmetics High Beam
- Hourglass Vanish Cream Highlighter in Gold Flash
- Fenty Beauty Match Stix in Starstruck
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit – Surreal Light Palette (used the Surreal Glow Blush)
- Dior Lip Glow in 01 Pink
To prep the skin
- Nivea Soft Refreshing Moisturising Cream
- Lanolips Balm
How to get dewy skin
- Prep the skin with moisturising products. The skin needs to be plump and hydrated.
- Starting with the base, apply the BB cream to the parts of the face that require coverage.
- Now we build up the glow! I start by using a liquid highlighter to the high point of my cheeks and then I start layering cream highlighters to amplify the glow.
- After applying my cream and liquid products, I will set the products. The perfect product for this step is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. It’s a great powder to set things in place without it looking too matte or cakey.
- Now I add a little colour to the cheeks with light pink tone blush like Hourglass Surreal Glow Blush from the Surreal Light palette.
- Lastly, I use a lip balm tint from Dior to add just a hint of colour but also keep them hydrated.
Take a look at this quick 60 second tutorial of how I achieve this dewy glow routine!